Capitola Branch Library Grand Opening Celebration!
You're invited to the Grand Opening Celebration of the Capitola Branch Library! The festivities will begin virtually with an online ceremony from 10:00am - 12:00pm. After the virtual ceremony, tours of the branch in small groups will be available to the community by appointment between 1:00pm and 5:00pm. To attend the virtual ceremony, register below to receive the Zoom information.
The Virtual Ceremony features a video tour, a Ribbon Cutting, and speakers, including:
- Capitola Mayor Yvette Brooks
- Capitola City Manager Jamie Goldstein
- Project Manager David Tanza
- Noll and Tam Architects
- Carl Barrett, President Otto Construction
- Library Director Susan Nemitz
- Gayle Ortiz, President of the Friends of the Capitola Library
Tour appointments are available at 10-minute intervals through an online signup sheet located at bit.ly/TourCapitola. For those without internet access, please call 831-427-7713 and library staff will schedule your appointment. These tours will offer a short visit, no library services, or book checkout will be available on the day of the Grand Opening. Tours will continue for two weeks after the branch opens for Active Browsing service beginning on Tuesday, June 15th.
- Saturday, June 12, 2021
- 10:00am - 5:00pm
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.