Pickwick Book Club @ Downtown
Join us for a year of 19th-century literature with community readings of David Copperfield (September 2019-March 2020) and Iola Leroy or, Shadows Uplifted (April-June 2020).
The Santa Cruz Pickwick Book Club is a community of local bookworms, students, and teachers who meet monthly to discuss a nineteenth century novel. Join us each month for conversations about the novel and guest speaker presentations to help us contextualize our readings.
Brought to you by the Dickens Project at UCSC & the Santa Cruz Public Libraries.
- Sunday, March 22, 2020 Show more dates
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Downtown Upstairs Meeting Room
- September 22nd: David Copperfield, PartI-III (Chapter 1-9)
- October 27th: David Copperfield, PartIV-VII (Chapter 10-21)
- November 24th: David Copperfield, PartVIII-X (Chapter 22-31)
- December: Break (Pickwick Club fieldtrip to the DickensFair?)
- January 26th: David Copperfield, PartXI-XIII (Chapter 32-40)
- February 23rd: David Copperfield, PartXIV-XVI (Chapter 41-50)
- March 22nd: David Copperfield, PartXVII-XX (Chapter 51-end)
- April 26th: Iola Leroyor, Shadows Uplifted, Chapter 1-11
- May 24th: Iola Leroy, Shadows Uplifted, Chapters12-22
- June 28th: Iola Leroy, ShadowsUplifted, Chapters23-end
For questions or more information: Dickens.ucsc.edu / email@example.com / 831-459-2103