Black History Month Film Series: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
SCPL is pleased to support the Black History Month Film Series presented by Father Taj and the 418 Project. Every Thursday in February, join us for a film and discussion centered around the Black experience. These are community events; all are welcome. The first film will be Passing Strange, with guest host Rev. Deborah Johnson. Register Here.
Part of the Black History Month Film Series with Father Taj collection
An affluent couple's liberal views are put to the test when their daughter brings home her fiancé, and he turns out to be a black doctor.
Black History Month Film Series—presented by Father Taj
Tonight's feature: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner w/guest host Thomas Pederson
Doors open at 6:30 PM, Film starts promptly at 7:00 PM Every Thursday in February at The 418 Project, 155 South River Street.
Suggested donation $5 to $5000, no one turned away (please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer to volunteer or want to attend and need a bit of financial support)
Join us for one or all of our films. This series is for the entire community. Let's be together and watch some great films. After, we will get to dive in and discuss what each film is about and what it brought up for us. In this way, we get to build and grow as a community through shared experience. All are welcome!
Films hosted by Father Taj and a special guest host each week:
- Feb 2 - Passing Strange w/ Rev. Deborah Johnson
- Feb 9 - Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner w/ Thomas Pederson of Speak for Change
- Feb 16 - Gook w/ Ayo Banjo, Santa Cruz Black
- Feb 23 - A special surprise film w/ Maiya Evans. Followed by a DJ dance party w/ DJ Mai Girl!
Please purchase tickets at the highest price you can afford: Your ticket price goes directly to our hosts and to The 418 Project’s mission of making the world more inclusive by supporting emerging artists and diverse communities, so give big!
The 418 Project complies with local health regulations. Currently, local regulations do not require vaccination, masking, or testing to attend the event. Patrons are requested to wear masks for their safety and the safety of those around them. Should local regulations change, The 418 Project reserves the right to modify attendance-related conditions.
- Thursday, February 9, 2023
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Offsite - see event description for location
- All Ages
- Films Holidays
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/guess-whos-coming-to-dinner-with-host-thomas-pederson-of-speak-for-change-tickets-518472052867?aff=odcleoeventsincollection